Youth Navigators (Edmonton & Area)
The Youth Navigator Program is based in Edmonton and employs skilled youth workers to work with at risk youth to build relationships, deal with challenges and learn take responsibility for their actions.
Call 780-990-1120 to speak to a Navigator
Founded in the Cree philosophy of Wahkowtowin, Youth Navigators are grounded in the principles of reconciling relationships, reclaiming Aboriginal worldview and self-determination.
Navigators encourage youth to:
- Feel that they are a person of value
- Have a sense of belonging
- Have responsibilities to the world around them.
- Make positive connections
- Use goodness in words and actions
- Feel respect, kindness, forgiveness, and compassion with themselves and others.
A video about Interconnectedness from NCSA’s Sacred Relationship video series
Email email@example.com to order The Sacred Relationship DVD