Kiyôhkatowin Home Visitation Program (Stony Plain)
Native Counselling Services of Alberta is pleased to introduce the Kiyôhkatowin Program in the Stony Plain, Spruce Grove, Parkland and Yellowhead County area.
Kiyôhkatowin means “visiting” in Cree. Our Home Visitation Workers will mentor parents and caregivers in their home/community by supporting children’s growth and development through deliberate and culturally appropriate caregiving.
Referrals and Self referrals welcome.
Kiyôhkatowin Home Visitation Workers support your well being and resiliency by assisting you to:
• Direct your own healing
• Strengthen connection to family, community and culture
• Promote physical, emotional, mental and spiritual development of children up to 6 years old
• Participate in Sharing and Teaching Circles (i.e. self-care, self esteem and healthy relationships)
• Access supports and services (i.e. income assistance, food bank, etc.)
• Engage in ceremony and teachings with Elders
During the COVID-19 pandemic, our services follow the directives of the Chief Medical Health Officer of Alberta. This means we can offer:
• Telephone, social media, and curbside supports
• Basic supplies to maintain health
• Child and youth necessities
• Additional physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual supports
Proud member of the Stony Plain, Spruce Grove and Parkland County Family Resource Network