Wâhkômiwêw Connections Program (Grande Prairie)
Native Counselling Services of Alberta is pleased to introduce the Wâhkômiwêw Connections Program in the Grande Prairie area. Wâhkômiwêw (wah ko mee wayo) means “being connected to people” in Cree. Our Wâhkômiwêw Navigators will support youth, their parents and caregivers to develop Individual Healing and Connection Plans. Plans will build on individual and family strengths to create positive change. Services open to ALL members of the community!
Referrals and Self referrals welcome.
Wâhkômiwêw Navigators will support youth, parents and caregivers to:
• Direct Individual Healing and Connection Plans
• Strengthen connections to family, community and culture
• Build and maintain community, cultural and family relationships
• Access services and supports
• Participate in Circles of Support for individual and family well-being
• Support families in the transition of children and youth back from care
• Engage in ceremony and teachings with Elders
During the COVID-19 pandemic, our services follow the directives of the Chief Medical Health Officer of Alberta. This means we can offer:
• Telephone, social media, and curbside supports
• Basic supplies to maintain health
• Child and youth necessities
• Additional physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual supports